martes, 12 de junio de 2007

FISH

Esta es una de las primeras canciones de Fish como solista (ex vocalista de Marillion) ... Y una de mis favoritas. Les de dejo A Gentleman's Excuse Me...

Do you still keep paper flowers
In the bottom-drawer with your belgian lace
Taking them out every year
To watch the colours fade away

Do you still believe in fairy tales
In battlements of shiny castles
Safe from the dragons
That lie beneath the hill

Are you still a Russian princes
Rescued by a gipsy-dancer
To anyone who'll listen
Is that a story you still tell

You live a life of fantasy
Your diary romantic fiction
Can't you see it's hard for me
Can you see what I'm trying to say

It's a gentleman's excuse me
So I'll take one step to the side
Can you get it inside your head
I'm tired of dancing

For every one step forward
We're taking two steps back
Can you get it inside your head
I'm tired of dancing

I know you still like Oldfashioned waltzes
Your reflection in the mirror that you flirt with
As you glide across the floor
But if I told you the music's over
Would you want to hear
That your dance card is empty
That there's no-one really there

Do you still believe in Santa Claus
There's a milionaire looking for your front door
With the key to a life
That you'd never understand

And all I have to offer
Is the love I have, it's freely given
You'll see it's value
When you see what I'm trying to say

It's a gentleman's excuse me
So I'll take one step to the side
Can you get it inside your head
I'm tired of dancing

For every one step forward
There's no turning back
Can you get it inside your head
I'm tired of dancing

8 comentarios:

Soros dijo...

Are you waiting for a daily fairy tale?
Would you really like to be a princess?
I do not think so. I think you prefer being a strong woman. I am pretty sure.
But music is quite another thing.
Have a nice day!

Alejandra dijo...

Well, I dont wanna be like a princess, either I hope that a gipsy dancer arrives to my life to rescue me, and you are right, I prefer be a strange woman, jejeje. This is only a beautifull song, very romantic , I like very much this singer, he has nice song, although others not so good...

I didnt know that you spoke English, as you see the mine is very bad, but I try to speak this language or at least I try to understand it.

Have a nice day too!!!Kisses my friend.

Anónimo dijo...

Qué buena canción... Al final, con la separación, se han ganado dos buenos grupos.
Un abrazo.

Soros dijo...

Your English is goog enough for me. And I hope mine is also good enough for you. English is not our mother tongue so we should use our old Spanish. It would be better for both of us. Do not you think?
All the best for you, honey.

Alejandra dijo...

Ohhhhh si, definitivamente es mejor seguir con nuestro español de siempre Soros, que liarnos con el inglés. Aunque es bueno practicarlo de vez en cuando :)

Tom, me gustó mucho el primer trabajo como solista de Fish, creo que está muy bien realizado, y como dices tu, luego de la separación quedaron dos buenos grupos. Claro, luego Fish ha hecho canciones que prefiero no escuchar jamás (algunas, no la mayoría) pero eso me pasa también con Marillion, así que no es tan malo.

Besos!

Violeta J. dijo...

Definitivamente estais llegando a un nivel inalcanzable!! Hablando inglés y todo!!!! Dios!!!
Quelqu´un veut parler en français??
But I prefer the spanish too. Asi que niños!!! En cristiano!!!!!!
Ja ja, Besos

Alejandra dijo...

Jajaja, tranquila Viole! no creo que escribamos nuestros comentarios en inglés con mucha frecuencia, aunque como dije, no quedaría nada mal, para practicar ;)

Besitos y niña!!!

Anónimo dijo...

Saludos Ale,

Estaba viendo The jacket (http://www.filmaffinity.com/es/film186063.html) y a la media hora aparece durante un par de minutos un gigantón calvo que me resultaba conocido y que interpretaba a un loco... ¡Fish! Fue curioso verle en su faceta de actor.
Un abrazo